Sour Cherry Pie Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Recipe by: Lisawas
"This is a sour cherry pie recipe that is SO simple I can put it together and get in the oven in less than 10 minutes. The hardest thing about this pie is tracking down canned sour cherries but if you look carefully, you can find them in most grocery stores. When the pie is served, top with vanilla ice cream to add the element of sweet to the sour!"
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 - 9 inch pie)
Note: Recipe directions are for original size.
- 1 (15 ounce) package double crust ready-to-use pie crust
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pitted sour cherries, drained
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Prep - 10 m
- Cook - 40 m
- Ready In - 2 h 50 m
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Press one of the pie crusts into a 9 inch pie plate. Stir together the cherries, tapioca, sugar, and almond extract in a bowl. Let the mixture stand for 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the other pie crust into 1/2 inch strips to make a lattice top. Pour the cherry mixture into the pie shell. Lay the strips across the pie in a lattice pattern, and pinch the edges to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.